What’s up guys, Itchy Monkey here! In this article, we will talk about the Brawl Stars First Major Update July 3, 2017. Yes, Brawl Stars rolled out its first major update. It includes the newest Brawler – Piper and minor balance changes.
Sadly, the game is still on Beta and the team is not ready to release it on Android yet. But we are more than happy with the current changes and additions the team is making.
Table of Contents
- 1 Brawl Stars First Update July 3, 2017
- 1.1 New Additions
- 1.2 Improvements and Balance Changes
- 1.3 Audio and Visual Changes
- 1.4 Bug Fixes
- 1.5 Related
Brawl Stars First Update July 3, 2017
New El Primo Skin
New Showdown Map – Feast or Famine
As I’ve already updated my own Brawl Stars app, I got to play in this new map. I can say it is indeed Feast or Famine, as the Power-up crates are right in the middle of the map. You can either brawl your way in the middle to get a taste of a power-up or have yourself hungry for one. There are also scattered power-up crates but be wary of lurking Brawlers prowling about. They are also in need of power-ups too!
New Player Profile Icons
Improvements and Balance Changes
Brock buff – Reloads 8% faster
Players of the same Band can no longer join the same match during regular matchmaking
Great news folks! Seems like Brawl Stars team is taking their first step against the “Showdown Meta“. Players of the same band can no longer team-up during Showdown. I know one player can move to another Band but wait for the next improvement below.
There you go! It’s all fair play here. It is going to be tougher to distinguish who is a friend or who is a foe. They can have their own strategy again by using movements to identify, but nah, trust in the Brawl Stars team they will put a stop to it.
Smash & Grab Gems at a maximum of 29
Smash & Grab events just continue on until one team has more Gems than the other and keep it for 16 seconds. They have to reach a minimum of 10 Gems. But if the opponent also reaches 10 Gems, the first to have 11 and keep it for 16 seconds will win. It just continues to whoever has the highest Gem count. The team put a stop to this never-ending and long matches by capping Gems at 29. After spewing 29 Gems, the mine shuts off and the players will now have to battle each other to earn the remaining gems.
Audio and Visual Changes
- They increased the visual ballistic curve for some projectiles. This is for the likes of Dynamike, Barley, and Spike where the team made their projectiles clearer that they fly over things.
- There are only a couple of Brawlers who react. This includes Shelly and Colt. With this update, they are now giving Bull a voice.
- You will now hear different sound effects whenever you level up and rank up.
- Healing sound effects are new too!
- They also added music variations during events. You will no longer hear the same music on loop.
- There is a new “Player Defeated” image too.
- The animation in Brawl Boxes is also improved.
- They also changed the HP color of the safe if you’re defending. They turned it to blue from red.
- Minimized the size of the joystick – Finally! I can see more of my screen.
- The textures for El Primo, Nita, and Brock are also improved. If you will notice, El Primo will now have fists punching in. Nita will have her Rupture have those lightning animation. Brock will now have a better animation for his missiles.
- El Primo and Poco got their attack effects improved.
- Bo also had his Traps’ animation improved.
- Many various UI fixes
- A buff or a nerf for Bo’s traps. It can now be triggered by Nita’s Bear. A great way to get rid of that annoying bear that follows you around. A little heartbreaking though as you’ve saved it for a Brawler.
- Finally, Barley can now break open vases and bones.
- Bands are now made viewable from a players’ profiles.
- They also fixed the joystick issue during Showdown events.
- The Elder Promotion is also fixed.
You will need to sign back to your Canadian ID to have your Brawl Stars updated. After updating the game, you will notice the changes they did. To be honest, it put a little smile on my face as I’m seeing a very bright future for this game. The devs are really listening to the players’ concerns, especially that Showdown mishap.
What’s your favorite update so far? Those additional animations just impressed me. If you want to check the original Reddit post by the Brawl Stars team, you can click HERE.